Professional Estheticians use the Fitzpatrick classification scale to determine the correct strength and type of peel to be used.
The Fitzpatrick Scale or Fitzpatrick skin typing test according to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, is a numerical classification for the color of skin. It was developed in 1975 by Thomas B. Fitzpatrick, a Harvard dermatologist, as a way to classify the response of different types of skin to ultraviolet (UV) light. It remains a recognized tool for dermatologic research into the color of skin.
The Fitzpatrick Scale used by Dermatologists and Estheticians is:
• Type I (scores 0–6) Pale white; blond or red hair; blue eyes; freckles — Always burns, never tans
• Type II (scores 7–13) White; fair; blond or red hair; blue, green or hazel eyes — Usually burns, tans minimally
• Type III (scores 14–20) Cream white; fair with any hair or eye color; quite common — Sometimes mild burn, tans uniformly
• Type IV (scores 21–27) Moderate brown; typical Mediterranean skin tone — Rarely burns, always tans well
• Type V (scores 28–34) Dark brown; Middle Eastern skin types — Very rarely burns, tans very easily
• Type VI (scores 35+) Deeply pigmented dark brown to black — Never burns, tans very easily
Are you looking to make a big change in your skin with a minimum of commitment? Glycolic peels are the fastest and safest way to dramatically improve your skin condition. A series of brief appointments on a weekly basis puts you on the road to glowing, healthy and younger looking skin. Don’t be afraid of the word “peel”, you will not actually flake or peel; just uncover your own natural, beautiful skin with this amazing treatment.
The VI Peel™ contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types and Fitzpatricks. The self – neutralizing VI Peel™ will improve the tone, texture and clarity of the skin; reduce or eliminate solar lentigines (age spots), treat hyper – pigmentation (including melasma), soften fine lines and wrinkles; clear acneic skin conditions; reduce or eliminate acne scars; and stimulate the production of collagen, for firmer, more youthful skin
20 minutes $399.00
VI Peel Precision +
The Precision Peel is made from the same synergistic blend of ingredients as the VI Peel, but at a higher concentration, for a peel that is about 25% stronger than a VI Peel. Precision is an excellent addition for treating stubborn hyper-pigmentation including melasma, actinic keratosis and age spots.
20 minutes $499.00